Here are 10 tips on how to save money on your move wisely.
1 . Reduce and condense your move by holding a garage sale for items you do not need. If there are items you cannot sell, give them to charity or friends and family.
2. Pack your household yourself and leave only the big furniture to the movers.
3. Book your move ahead of time and receive an early reservation discount.
4. Use suitcases, baskets and laundry bins as much as possible to cut down on boxes.
5. Bring empty but durable and clean boxes from your workplace.
6. Use old clothes instead of bubble wrap on some fragile items.
7. Ask about discounts that may apply to you if you are a student, senior, government worker, military personnel, work for a social organization etc.
8. If your relocation is work related, as your employer to help with moving costs.
9. Deduct your moving expenses from your taxes at the end of the year
10. Hire a good quality moving company! An unreliable mover will cost you time and money in the long run if they break or lose your belongings. Don’t fall into the temptation of too-good-to-be-true rates.